Monday, April 13, 2009

ADAPTATION, ONE OF THE SECRETS FOR IMPROVED LIVING

(These thoughts are added to three times each week)

I still remember the first time I drove a car with a smaller steering wheel than the one my 1963 Chevrolet Impala had. I didn’t like it. The reason? It was a change and we human beings don’t like change. Sterring wheels were supposed to be large. Steering wheels had always been large since I had first learned how to drive. So what was with this so called enhancement?

Then one day I came to the conclusion that the smaller steering wheel was a wonderful improvement. It took time but I adapted and then didn’t just adapt but shouted, “Whoopee.”
What I guess I am saying is that we all need to adapt and make the most of such adaptation. Otherwise, life passes us by while we are still doing nothing but complaining.

One wise old philosopher sums it up well, “Adaptation is learning to itch where one can scratch.”

No comments: