Sunday, October 24, 2010

PAIN AND PROBLEMS (7TH IN SERIES)

*****************************************
If you would like to share this blog with a friend, go to the bottom and click on the
ENVELOPE.

*****************************************
In Charles Reade’s book, “The Cloister and the Hearth,” he writes of two men walking through a troubled Europe.


One man continually turns to the other and says, “Courage my friend, the devil is dead.”

A better verbal tonic might have been, “Courage my friend, God is alive.”

That’s the gospel, my friends. It does not deny problems. It asserts faith.

It shouts “God is love.” It comes to you in your darkest moment of doubt and says, “Come unto Me all ye that are weary and heaven laden and I will give you peace.”

Yes, I know men kill - but I know they also heal.

I know there is pain - but there is also the pleasure of being comforted.

I know He put within us greed and graciousness…sin and sainthood…all kind of evil and all manner of good…and then He made us free to choose.


And with that freedom I flew airplanes and then did aerobatics and flew hang gliders and that final act of courage and foolishness almost got me killed.

It did paralyze my left arm and even after the paralysis left, it would never work quite the same way again.

But it did give me a new insight into gratitude I had never had before. You never appreciate an arm so much as when you can look back and remember how it hung useless and immovable.

And YES best of all, what did I gain, God took me to that emotional place where I was healed of the need to be completely healed.
**************************************

To view an abundance of thought provoking stories go to Neil's other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS

Click on the following URL
http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/
*************************************

No comments: