Sunday, October 10, 2010

PAIN AND PROBLEMS (5TH IN SERIES)

****************************************
If you would like to share this blog with a friend, go to the bottom and click on the
ENVELOPE. (Added to each Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)
****************************************
One thing is for sure, in this the midst of our pains and problems,
big problems are not usually solved by suppertime, rather they are solved in stages.
And what we all have to learn, and often relearn, is to stop asking “Why?” and start asking “How?”

Since big problems are usually made up of many smaller problems, part of the answer to how is to face them in bits and snatches.
I can climb stairs one at a time. I can never leap all the way to a second floor in one gigantic journey.

A simple example; a farmer plowing a field that seems to go on forever is much better off if he just deals with it one row and at time.


My first cross country race could have been my last. The course was five miles long and part of it ran through the city of Lynchburg. I felt as if I running up and down all of this city’s famous 7 hills, not just the three that were actually included. But I made it, and didn’t do too badly, because at the beginning of each hill I mentally broke up the distance to the top into fifty steps, followed by fifty steps, followed by fifty steps.

Actually, I was following advice given in 1st Corinthians 9:24, “Therefore I do not run as a man aimlessly, I do not fight like a man beating the air.”

And with my paralyzed arm, gained from my hang glider crash, when after the wreck I would start to list in my head the gigantic negative that hovered over me... I broke it up into little pieces…(the pain, the paralysis, what the future held, etc.) and trained myself to deal with only one of them at a time. Otherwise, I would have been completely overwhelmed.

First and foremost, I had to deal with fear because it tried to paint some gruesome pictures for my future. I handled that by praying, “Lord, make my arm well or teach me to live with a paralyzed arm.”

That lessened all the problems for I had approached both possibilities. I had admitted things could get better. I had admitted that they could get worse. Now I didn’t have to play games with myself.
*********************************************
This New Series on PAIN AND PROBLEMS

began on this blog “Wyrick’s Writings” Thursday September 16,

the 2nd in series on Sept 19…

and will continue Each SUNDAY until finished.

Then a new Series on PRAYER will begin..

Each Tuesday there is a continuation of the Serialization of his Internationally distributed novel RUST ON MY SOUL.
To view an abundance of unusual stories by Neil Wyrick go to his other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS

Click on the following URL
http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/
**************************************************

No comments: