Tuesday, October 20, 2009

WHY YOU HAVEN'T CHANGED A BIT

These thoughts are added to each Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)
(Scroll down to read previous thoughts)

There is a favorite compliment that I imagine David spoke to Bathsheba in her waning years and probably Anthony must have given to Cleopatra when he returned to the fertile valley of the Nile, and every Joe and Jane banter about on every city street and country lane. It is the compliment that usually goes like this, “Why, Mary, you haven’t changed a bit.” I am aware of what this means, but if taken very literally, you suddenly realize it is no compliment.

To live from one day to the next and not change is an insult to your intelligence and blight on the sensitivity of your soul.

Some people go to sleep standing up. They never change. They live a lifetime in the same old rut. The rewrite the old favorite hymn to read, “Take my life and let it be, just like it was yesterdee." There is real danger in such a mode of living for it can change the road of life into a road to oblivion.

You see, if I were to meet a friend from my almost 60 years ago college days I want him to say, “Neil, you’ve changed. You are more mature, emotionally and spiritually. You may sag a little more here and there but I think you soul is firmer.”

I don’t know who first said it or who repeated it to me but one of my favorite quotes on this subject reads as follows. “Nobody can go back and start a new beginning but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Have a friend visit my ONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS site. Have them go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”

And, yes, if this site has met any of your needs share it with a friend. Just have them go to “Google Search” and type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

No comments: