Thursday, October 29, 2009

THERE ARE ONLY TWO CHOICES

These thoughts are added to each Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)
(Scroll down to read previous thoughts)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters)

There are only two choices when there are too many problems and too much pain.

One is to rebel and the other is to attempt to relate.

Poets and philosophers and theologians and the Apostle Paul have mightily sought to give satisfactory answers to this mighty question.

Paul says “...the thorn in his side...” which is never readily identified “..perfected his weakness.”

Yet another unknown writer wrote,
“My life is but the weaving
Between my God and me.
I only choose the colors
He weaveth steadily.
Sometimes he weaveth sorrow.
And I in foolish pride,
Forget he sees the upper.
And I the under side.”

His name was Cardinal Mercier and shells had destroyed his cathedral and all his precious library had gone up in smoke. He stood amidst the ruins and said to someone standing by his side, “Suffering accepted and vanquished...will give you a serenity which may well prove the most exquisite fruit of your life.”

Accept some of the rules of life even if you do not understand. Stand before the throne of grace and simply say, “Thy will be done” and mean it and “the peace that passeth understanding” comes. I do not completely understand how or why, but it comes.

In 1982 when my left arm hung limp and useless from my shoulder, paralyzed and futile, I was not a happy camper. Indeed I could have worn myself weary by berating my foolishness in taking up hang gliding. Instead I prayed, “Lord, make my arm well, or let me learn a lesson from this accident. But most of all, thy will be done.” He chose to heal my arm. But even more he did wonderful things for my psyche.

“I walked a mile with Pleasure,
She chattered all the way,
But left me none the wiser
For all she had to say.

I walked a mile with Sorrow,
And ne’re a word said she;
But, oh, the things I learned from her
When Sorrow walked with me!”

Have a friend visit my ONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS site. Have them go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”
Or type in the URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

And, yes, if this site has met any of your needs share it with a friend. Just have them go to “Google Search” and type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
Or type in the URL http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments: