Thursday, October 15, 2009

WHY YES? WHY NO?

WHY YES? WHY NO?
These thoughts are added to each Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)
(Scroll down to read previous thoughts)

The following happens. Someone is truly considering joining the church and giving their lives to Christ and someone or ones comes up and says, “You must be ready and willing to read 5 chapters of the Bible every day and pray for 1 hour and 32 minutes every day and wear a certain type of clothing in a certain kind of way” or…whatever that person does that for them is right but not necessarily more righteous, and the new almost Christian becomes a “Not on your life Christian.”

And then there is the response that says I go to God and follow God not by rules but by that which is greater than any rule.

C.S. Lewis put it well, so very well indeed, “If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world. If none of my earthly pleasures satisfy it, that does not prove that the universe is a fraud. Probably earthly pleasures were never meant to satisfy it, but only to arouse it, to suggest the real thing. If that is so, I must take care, on the one hand, never to despise, or be unthankful for, these earthly blessings, and on the other, never to mistake them for the something else of which they are only a kind of copy, or echo, or mirage. I must keep alive in myself the desire for my true country, which I shall not find till after death; I must never let it get snowed under or turned aside; I must make it the main object of life to press on to that other country and to help others to do the same."

Have a friend visit my ONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS site. Have them go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”

And, yes, if this site has met any of your needs share it with a friend. Just have them go to “Google Search” and type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

No comments: