Thursday, December 22, 2011

WISDOM IS

If you want to share this blog with a friend go to the bottom of day’s content and click on TELL A FRIEND

          There are over 900 stories and commentaries on Neil’s One A Day blog that began Nov 24, 2009. It is added to daily.

        GO TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS and read the following brain teasers.  CLICK ON URL BELOW

          To visit this site…click on the URL below



            M.D., PhD, DD - we see these titles after a name and we think wisdom…I see these titles and I think knowledge…there is a difference.

Knowledge is the beginning of wisdom, but it is no guarantee.  I have known some knowledgeable fools and so have you.

Tell me what a man’s intelligence has produced and I will tell whether I think he is wise or not.

Knowledge can, and does, produce arrogance, misused power, pride and selfishness. 

Public offices, at all levels, are filled with politicians who made promises to the voters to get there, and once in office act only out of allegiance to the promises they made to themselves.

Knowledge can be very self-centered and quite successful, but not necessarily wise.

The politicians in Jesus’ time were not too wise and got themselves in trouble:  Pilate and Herod and the high Priest Caiaphas unwisely choose jealousy to motivate their deeds, and the desire for power, and all the other little children of these less than noble thoughts.

God’s wisdom.  That is what I believe in, and preach about, and daily seek.  And I think that is what you believe in and daily seek.  But we must not just accept these truths…we must seek after them with prayerful might and sacred main.

God’s wisdom that aims us toward humility where we can find harmony.

God’s wisdom that creates in us a desire to think more about helping others than helping ourselves.

God’s wisdom that makes us a more forgiving person.

God’s wisdom that makes us concerned with other people’s preservation before our own self-preservation.

God’s wisdom makes us fight for unity and understanding and kindness

toward our fellowman.

          God’s wisdom shouts at us “Don’t continue to be a fool.

And again, what is wisdom?  It is sharpening our souls to the point we make right decisions in coordination with Man’s laws and God’s laws.  It is knowing what is right and wrong, and acting like we know what is right and wrong.

Job says, “The fear of God is wisdom. 

Solomon says, “Only the Lord gives wisdom.

 Let me tell you a story.

Albert Einstein developed the theory of relativity, but brilliant as he was did not know how to drive a car, so he hired a chauffeur.     One day, he was scheduled to lecture at Princeton and as they were on their way, the chauffeur said, “Dr. Einstein, I’ve heard your lecture so many times, I could give it myself. 

          Einstein promptly surprised him by saying, “Alright, I’ve never lectured here before.  They don’t know me…so let’s do it.  You put on my clothes and I’ll put on your uniform and cap.  When we get there I will introduce you as Dr. Einstein.”

Everything went perfectly.  The chauffeur delivered the speech on relativity flawlessly.  And Dr. Einstein, seated at the back of the lecture hall enjoyed it immensely.

But then something happened they had not planned on.

The moderator of the lecture said, “We have fifteen more minutes, just enough time for some of you to ask Dr. Einstein a question.” 

A professor in the audience promptly asked a very complicated, technical question involving higher mathematical formulas and language that the chauffeur of course did not understand.

But the chauffeur, though not a scholar, was obviously, a very wise man.

“Sir, the solution to that problem is so simple that I am really surprised you would even ask it.  Anyone can answer a question that simple.  To prove it, I’m going to have my chauffeur come up and answer it.

My own head is filled with knowledge.  I read and study and have been busy at it for a lifetime, but the times when I am faced with problems to which I cannot come up with a answer are more than many, and so I pray, ”Lord, it’s me again.  Give me wisdom.  At least aim me in the right direction and cool my emotions if they are getting in the way.”

Billy Graham once said, “Knowledge is horizontal.  Wisdom is vertical.”

Yes, true wisdom comes down from above.  And when we act with too little wisdom, here comes our heavenly Father again, forgiving us and forgiving us and forgiving us. 

Click on the URL below to WATCH NEIL IN HIS WORLD FAMOUS ONE MAN DRAMATIZATIONS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, BEN FRANKLIN, CHARLES WESLEY AND MARTIN LUTHER
       TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) (Ben Franiklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)
       CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING
       V. Neil Wyrick’s ninth book THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN and is available at
MAGNUS PRESS
DO YOU HAVE A HISTORY BUFF IN YOUR FAMILY?...Why not give THIS HIGHLY ACCLAIMED  BOOK BY Rev. Wyrick at Christmas time.
       AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM and amazon.com Kindle
OTHER BOOKS BY REV. WYRICK
available on Amazon.com
Poor Richard's Almanack for the 20th Century
Sixty Plus and Not Holding
Boundaries Unlimited
I Am
The ABC"s of Parenting and Grandparenting
Letters to America
       25% off all books, buy 4 get 1 free and free shipping
       Phone Orders:  800-463-7818

No comments: