Thursday, December 8, 2011

WISDOM IS (Continuation of Series)

If you want to share this blog with a friend go to the bottom of day’s content and click on TELL A FRIEND

          There are over 900 stories and commentaries on Neil’s One A Day blog that began Nov 24, 2009. It is added to daily.

        GO TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS and read the following brain teasers.  CLICK ON URL BELOW

          To visit this site…click on the URL below


When I crashed a hang glider at age 54 I stopped flying hang gliders.  It’s not that I didn’t know before the crash that flying hang gliders could hardly be called a safe recreational pursuit, but I stopped because wisdom shouted more loudly in my ear that at my age I might not survive another crash.
I have diabetes and I have it under control.  But, if I put on too much weight or consume too much sugar, I’ll have problems.  So I practice common sense and I watch my diet: Very seldom do I eat sweets these days, and I don’t let myself put on unwanted pounds.  And things are fine. 
The list goes on and sometimes I am fairly intelligent in my decisions and sometimes I am still trying to learn from my mistakes. 
Does this sound familiar to you?  Are you in just about the same predicament?  It seems to me we all have pretty good reasons to stay deep in prayer... AND THAT AN ONGOING PRAYER FOR THE PRACTICE OF COMMON SENSE.
Wouldn’t it be nice to have a handbook that tells us how to get more wisdom and act with less stupidity?  Well, the Lord provided us with just that.  The Book of Proverbs.
So if you are serious about wanting to be better, to live by wisdom not foolishness, read The Book of Proverbs.  Memorize large portions.  Repeat these wisdom words many, many times.
          “Let the wise hear and add to their learning.”  And, “Let the insightful acquire guidance.  Both of these more straight thinking are right out of the 1st chapter of Proverbs.
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge; but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”  (7th verse)   
You won’t get any better instructions. 
          But therein lays the rub.  Though we know God is smarter than we are, we sometimes prefer to ignore Him because His commandments keep getting in the way of our present plans. 
We claim we want wisdom, and we do - just as long as it doesn’t conflict with any ingrained way of thinking, or doing, or being.
Be it words of wisdom from a Prophet or a King Solomon or Jesus, himself, we rewrite and edit and conveniently forget.
          Why do we do that?  Because we are like children playing marbles with diamonds.
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Click on the URL below to WATCH NEIL IN HIS WORLD FAMOUS ONE MAN DRAMATIZATIONS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, BEN FRANKLIN, CHARLES WESLEY AND MARTIN LUTHER
       TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) (Ben Franiklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)
       CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING
       V. Neil Wyrick’s ninth book THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN and is available at
MAGNUS PRESS
DO YOU HAVE A HISTORY BUFF IN YOUR FAMILY?...Why not give THIS HIGHLY ACCLAIMED  BOOK BY Rev. Wyrick at Christmas time.
       AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM and amazon.com Kindle
OTHER BOOKS BY REV. WYRICK
available on Amazon.com
Poor Richard's Almanack for the 20th Century
Sixty Plus and Not Holding
Boundaries Unlimited
I Am
The ABC"s of Parenting and Grandparenting
Letters to America
       25% off all books, buy 4 get 1 free and free shipping
       Phone Orders:  800-463-7818

No comments: