Thursday, September 10, 2009

LIVE LIKE AN EAGLE

(These thoughts are added to each Sun, Mon and Tues)

Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it arrives? Because of this, the eagle simply flies to a spot high in the sky and waits for the winds to come. When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it high above the storm. Therefore while below there are angry winds and floods and destruction is king, the eagle is soaring above it all.

Would you fulfill your destiny to its finest? Then do not make excuses that the storms of life have beat you down as well they might.

Rather as Isaiah taught, “Renew your strength and soar on wings like eagles.” (Isaiah 40:31) Earthbound it can seem hopeless. Heaven bound the storms still exist but you do not see them the same.

When you think of roses, do you think of romance? I hope so but also consider the following.
It is only a tiny rosebud
A flower of God’s design,
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.

The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I.
God opens this flower so easily,
But in my hands they die.

If I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of God’s design,
Then how can I have the wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?

So I’ll trust in God for leading
Each moment of my day,
I will look to God for guidance
Each step along the way.

Have a friend visit my ONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS site. Have them go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”

And, yes, if this site has met any of your needs share it with a friend. Just have them go to “Google Search” and type in “Wyrick’s Writings”

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

No comments: