Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A SACRAMENT CALLED LIFE

(These thoughts are added to three times each week)

I walked with love. This one with seamless garment who softly sifted the discontent in my heart, who slowly healed the hapless decisions that had stained my yesterdays, who loved me enough to die for me. There was such wisdom in His way of speaking and His sense of humor, His depth of compassion; all these made the changing of the mood of my soul the easier.

All around me the flannelled masses moved with such intent. To where? I wondered! And how many of them daily by the art of prayer sought reason behind their deeds.

And I found now I could not just forget them and just go on my way. They were no longer masses, these strangers on the streets. But men and women to be loved. And forgiven! As I need to be loved and forgiven by them.

Life had become a sacrament when I remembered men have souls. And did not forget my own.

No comments: