Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SOME NEW THINGS TO BE THANKFUL FOR YOU PROBABLY HADN’T THOUGHT OF

(New thoughts posted Monday and Thursday of each week)

When you have read my list add to it with some of your own.
1. I am grateful for anytime I create a shadow because it reminds me that I am out and about in the open air and sunshine.

2. A friend told me the other day that he was thankful for his gasoline cap because otherwise his gasoline would slosh all over the place. I got to thinking of a whole lot of things we take for granted such as the ability to toast a slice of bread, freeze ice cream and create so many different delicious chocolate concoctions, which is basically bitter until we make it so delightfully sweet by adding sugar.

3. Mark Twain once said, “I can live for two months on one good compliment.” So yes, I am thankful for people who take the time to say nice things to me or about me, and my ability to remember to do the same.

4. Have you stopped to think how long your shoe laces would last if there weren’t those little pieces of plastic at the ends to keep them from unraveling? Be thankful! And what about those arrows that give you the proper directions for inserting batteries? Be thankful.

5. Even though you are reading this electronically, I still am overwhelmingly grateful for paper because it is that wonderful stuff books are made of. There is still nothing like the feel of a good book in hand.

6. And yes, I’m thankful for people like you who read my blog.

And how could you have gotten through the day without this list? Be thankful.

No comments: