Monday, September 22, 2008

Write It Down...Read It Aloud

When you have a decision to make, be it mental, physical, spiritual or emotional write it down and read it aloud. Write down what will happen; good, bad or indifferent. There is an echo to every decision that never stops repeating itself. There is clarity to hearing your own voice that will allow you to see whether what you have written has wisdom in it or a touch of the ridiculous.
And, yes, now that you have taken the time and effort to fine tune your thoughts and give flight to your decision, pray about it. God is my co-pilot is an old and well used phrase well worthy of its repetition... so have a good journey.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I just now read some of your blog. I was introduced to its existence when I heard your homily a few weeks ago at Grace Presbyterian church in Lantana.

I like your writings in the blog. They are bitesize. They put me in mind of Norman Vincent Peale. With a dash of Ben Franklin, and just a pinch of Mark Twain.

I suspect that they are the product of experience of many hours of counseling. The advice you give about parenting could, I think, have been written by Terry Brazelton. (I mean that as a compliment.)

Thank you for taking the time.

Peace,

Rob H.