Sunday, June 11, 2017

RUST ON MY SOUL 60TH IN SERIES


The Serialization of RUST ON MY SOUL is added to each WEEK. 

 ************************************

RUST ON MY SOUL (A Novel) (Published by Bridge Press in 1985 & Distributed Internationally) 

 INTRODUCTION (Repeated for those new to the series)

In an old loose leaf notebook, Thomas Kettering wrote when there was a cry from his heart. He wrote when his inner longing spilled over into the reality of his days. He did not write every day, only when he felt he must. How often he wrote or when is not important. The journey is what counts, for it is a diary about all of us, to all of us. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step,” and even a stumble is a step.


Night

It's 11:15 P.M.and the contriteness that stuck in my throat all evening is finally out.  I pushed  at my vocal chords with a prayer. I worked with all my might at messsaging my stubborness into mush.  And finally the words "I'm sorry" came never even built a bridge of excuses to assuage my anger.

In the past, anger for me was a weeklong binge.  A charcoal fire, pulsing red and hot, charing the inner man and making the outer man react with even more anger.  Even when I thought I might be wrong or perhaps, even more when I kew I was wrong.  Now I'm down to four hours of pouting.

Thank you, Lord!"  I couldn't have done it without you.

Evening

I don't know why there is so much wonder about the possibility of a visitor from outer space.  It's already happened.  Jesus certainly came from beyond - out there - infinite infinity.  You can't put together a journey much greater in distance or in mysterious abundance than a Son of God come down to earth.
To Watch Neil in one of his famous One Man Dramas, NBC Television speakers, Award Winning Films....click on the URL below
 

To visit his other blog Wyrick's Writings (Serializations of his books, posted best of his sermons and thought pieces...
 
Click on the following URL


IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

There are over 600 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.

No comments: