Thursday, June 1, 2017

RUST ON MY SOUL (59th in series)


Morning
           
I wonder if any of my clients have noticed any change in me.  I’m not sure I want them to.  God is my new partner.  I’ve accepted that, but I’m not yet ready to put a public spotlight on my find.  I will be, but I need a little more time.

Evening
           
Oh, Lord, each day save me from prissy piosity.  I’ll turn myself off, and others.

Evening
           
Children of mine, you are still your own worst burden.  My coming to God has not provided free passage for you.  You must accelerate toward God or away on your own time.
           
Grow up, my little ones, though you aren’t little anymore.  Learn from my mistaken yesterdays.  I’ve taken enough spiritual and emotional pratfalls for all of us.
           
Grow up.  It will be my pleasure, but God knows, beloved children of mine, it will most certainly be yours.

Evening
           
I’m tired of my wounds pf guilt, and new woundings.  I get discouraged when my promises shrivel on the way to accomplishment.
           
“Woe is me,” I inwardly moan.  “No other Christian has had so much trouble with their Christianity.”  And then I know only by leaping from one high point of faith to another can I avoid the valley of dejection that always waits below.
           
“Thanks, dad.”

“Thanks for what?”
           
“For the new you.”  Billy just paused at my study door and threw a bombshell of delight in my direction.  A high point---a very nice high point.  It does show. Hallelujah!

Morning
           
What is so good about being bad?  Why have we elevated low behavior to such a shining place in the sky?  Why is morality called mundane and immorality marvelous?

If sin is so great why does it ruin so many lives?  The devil really puts out good PR and gets a lot of free advertising.  The Hollywood rating “R” should often stand for Raunchy, and even “PG” for Pretty Gross.  Maybe it’s the costuming---horns vs. halos.  Maybe it’s the musical score---hymns vs. punk rock.  Maybe it’s the locale, though fiery flames would seem to lose out next to heavenly light.  Maybe it’s the facial expressions---saintly smiles vs. smirks and sneers.
           
Whatever is he reason, good and God do get a lot of bad press.         

No comments: