Sunday, June 25, 2017

A CHANCE FOR A CHANGE


        I remember the day I no longer wanted to play in a sand pile.  I would never have believed it would happen.  And then, later on when I no longer enjoyed Abbott and Costello.  It happens.  Don’t fight it.  Our tastes I books,. Music, movies. vacations and a host of other opportunities change.

Sometimes physical problems force change upon us.  (Right now I’m recovering from a broken hip)  We can no longer ski or skate; a tennis ball can no longer be hit so hard.

If nothing is introduced into the space your prior activities occupied, a vacuum arises.  And vacuums need to be filled.

Jog if you can, but if you can’t, join an aerobics class.

If this is too much try power walking, which simply means walking as fast as you can.

Try dancing slowly to an old record.  Rather than aimlessly throwing your arms around, put on your favorite CD and conduct  an imaginary orchestra.

Or, go back to school and learn landscape architecture, computers, history, painting, etc.  Professors will love having you.  “My older students act more interested than many of my younger students,” a professor at the University of Miami recently told me.  If new interests are not sought then both brain and brawn turn to flab.

Diet?  Often that must also change.  I no longer drink as much coffee as once I did, but half a cup every day or so does quite fine.  I restrict my input of ice cream.  Indeed, I’ve switched to fat free/sugar free.  I know extra pounds other wise leave the sidelines and land on me.  (Then there is that diabetes problem that comes from overloading those bathroom scales)

To remain young one must be willing to change otherwise one grows old long before their time.

If you would like to share this blog with a friend, go to the bottom and click on the TELL A FRIEND
               
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK?  IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG?  IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
This book, SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING, is about dealing positively with the challenges of getting older and fosters the belief  that “If we would have new knowledge, we must get a world of new questions.”  (Susanne K. Langer)

MANY SUGGESTIONS IN THIS BOOK FOR IMPROVING THE ART OF LIVING ARE GOOD FOR ANY AGE.

“I am come that they (you) may have life and have it to the full.  (John 10:10)

Anyone who lives long enough gets older.  There are no other options.  How we handle the adventure is filled with options.

Keep both eyes on life, and not on the calendar.  Admit your age, but don’t admit to the fallacy that you have to act like it.  Saying, “I’m 39 and holding,” is more tragic than humorous because it argues that age has no attributes.

V. Neil Wyrick
***************************

TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) (Ben Franklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING
 

***************************************

No comments: