Sunday, July 6, 2014

RUST ON MY SOUL

 

  It is added to each week. This novel was originally published in 1985.

In an old loose leaf notebook, Thoms Kettering wrote when there ws a cry from his heart.  He wrote when hi inner longing spilled over into the reality of his days. 

Night

Our children ahve been going to a school called "US" all their lives.  No, we hven't taken drugs.  No our sins and their sins do not line up like little duplicates against our priate wall of time.  But our anger, our tears and fears our insecurities, our lack of trust and devotion to the Lord have been picked up by their antennae.

"No, I'm not going to church.  I've worked ahrd all week.  I need myh rest." Theh saw and heard me say that and do that.  It was a spiritual inheritance.  My example was a shout and it has all these years sent a bad example.

"I'll get even. She'll be sorry she did that."  there was hurt in mh wife's eyes as she said it and revenge in her meaning.l  Our little ones heard.  it was an emotional inheritance.  I remember howmy wife raged around the house fo days over some imagined wrong.  She used to do that.  She still does.  Maybe Ican influjece her to...

The house of the Lord.  I like that phrase.  it makes it easier to live with some of the people in it.  "I laughed.  I love easier and put ujp with people's irritant more often these das, but I am still not behond the sarcastic comment.

I know that it's not too late to infoluence our children. More difficult, yes.  They are more recalcitrant with the asssing of each year, ut if I led them to a lesser, crtainly now i can lead them to at least a better look at that "closer walk with Thee."

Evening

It's frightening, confusing and conforting all at the same time to know that when things come out of chaos it never was chaos to God. I must remember than it's stillchasos to me.

No comments: