Sunday, July 13, 2014

RUST ON MY SOUL (64th in series)


If you would like to share this blog with a friend, go to the bottom and click on the TELL A FRIEND
************************************
 The Serialization of RUST ON MY SOUL is added to each WEEK.  ************************************

RUST ON MY SOUL (A Novel) (Published by Bridge Press in 1985 & Distributed Internationally) 


 INTRODUCTION (Repeated for those new to the series)

In an old loose leaf notebook, Thomas Kettering wrote when there was a cry from his heart. He wrote when his inner longing spilled over into the reality of his days. He did not write every day, only when he felt he must. How often he wrote or when is not important. The journey is what counts, for it is a diary about all of us, to all of us.A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step,” and even a stumble is a step.

Morning

"I sought the Lord and afterwards I knew, He moved my soul to seek Him, seeking me. 'Twas not I who found, oh Saviour true, no I was found of Thee." An old hymn, but with such new truth for me.

God loves me! To love me He has to know that I am. The idea that I am a part of the thoughts of God boggles my mind.

Do you keep a heavenly tote board, Lord? Not to see if I am worthy of heaven-I know better than that-but just to see if in my renewed faith my deeds are improving? Did you record this afternoon, Lord?

Evening 

Christian love is not wanting to do it and doing it anyway. There are still people I really do not like. While my circle of relationships has grown, there are still people who bore me. I never had a love affair going with hospitals and now they really depress me. Yet I must act with love toward the unlovely. Treat the boring with the same respect I do the fascinating. And, when friends are sick, visit them in the hospital despite my phobia.

I must bring to my Christian deeds my honest feelings. Sometimes it feels good to do good. Sometimes it really doesn't. I may be in a bad mood, or lazy, or simply not motivated with loving follow-through. Do it anyway, Tom Kettering!

Yes, it is easier to feel love and do, than to do and hope the feeling will come. But love is a two-way link with heaven. A spiritual umbilical cord that atrophies without use.


To be continued 

GO TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS and read the following brain teasers.  CLICK ON URL BELOW There are over 600 stories and commentaries on this blog. It is added to daily.


WHICH IS BETTER TO BE?  A WINDOW OR A DOOR”  “BE A RAINBOW SEARCHER AND FINDER” “IS YOUR SENSE OF HUMOR STILL UNDER CONSTRUCTION?
Click on the URL below to WATCH NEIL IN HIS WORLD FAMOUS
ONE MAN DRAMATIZATIONS OF
ABRAHAM LINCOLN, BEN FRANKLIN, CHARLES WESLEY AND MARTIN LUTHER
 
TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) (Ben Franiklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING
 

ALREADY STARTED Serialization of another book SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING 

This book, SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING, is about dealing positively with the challenges of getting older and fosters the belief  that “If we would have new knowledge, we must get a world of new questions.”  (Susanne K. Langer)

MANY OF THE SUGGESTIONS IN THIS BOOK ARE GOOD FOR IMPROVING ONE’S LIFE AT ANY AGE

“I am come that they (you) may have life and have it to the full.  (John 10:10)

Anyone who lives long enough gets older.  There are no other options.  How we handle the adventure is filled with options.

Keep both eyes on life, and not on the calendar.  Admit your age, but don’t admit to the fallacy that you have to act like it.  Saying, “I’m 39 and holding,” is more tragic than humorous because it argues that age has no attributes.

V. Neil Wyrick

         To access his other book’s; BOUNDARIES UNLIMITED, RUST ON MY SOUL, POOR RICHARD’S ALMANAC, I AM SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING, THE ABC’S OF PARENTING AND GRANDPARENTING, LETTERS TO AMERICA…go to Amazon.com (books) and type in Neil Wyrick.
 
************************

Below is a quote from Wyrick’s writings blog entitled ANGER VS. PATIENCE
“After the old man had departed, God called out to Abraham and asked where the stranger was. Abraham replied, “I sent him on his way because he did not worship you.
God answered “I have suffered him all his eighty years although he dishonors me. Could you not endure for just one night?”

God suffers us, endures us! And forgives us and loves us and sets such a perfect example for us.
*************************************

BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM THE SERIES  “A HEAVENLY CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM” … (1st in series) (on this Wyrick’s Writing blog)

 “I have always been intrigued by a question God put to Adam, “Where are you?” Why did He ask that? What is the meaning behind this? It wasn’t a geographical question, for certainly God knew the answer to that one.
*************************
BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM A SERIES “Depression…the Alien Within”  on this Wyrick’s Writings …each WEEK

Sometimes the best thing do, if depression descends on you, is for a little while to try to wipe clean the slate of your worried mind.  To give such thoughts some muted silence.  Seek an emotional whiteout.  Just let the soft breeze of nothingness blow for a while.  And then, read John 14:27 and hear Jesus saying, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. 

 
“Do you enjoy visiting friends? More than likely you’re thinking, Preacher, of course, I do.
Now let me ask the other side of the coin - Do you enjoy visiting enemies? No?

Well, I know you must enjoy visiting at least one enemy because, like myself, you probably visit this one quite often. Unfortunately, we all …visit this enemy…whose name is anger.

Some visit anger seldom . Some on a regular basis. And during those visits, some spew and others stew.



**************************

No comments: