Tuesday, November 5, 2013

RUST ON MY SOUL (30th episode in series)

**************************************
TO SEND THIS DAYS BLOG TO A FRIEND
JUST CLICK AT THE BOTTOM
OF THIS BLOG ON “TELL A FRIeND”
For Neil's "One a Day Your Spiritual Vitamins"
Click on the following URL
 
**************************************
RUST ON MY SOUL (A Novel) (Published by Bridge Press in 1985 & Distributed Internationally)
 
**************************************
INTRODUCTION (Repeated for those new to the series)
In an old loose leaf notebook, Thomas Kettering wrote when there was a cry from his heart. He wrote when his inner longing spilled over into the reality of his days. He did not write every day, only when he felt he must. How often he wrote or when is not important. The journey is what counts, for it is a diary about all of us, to all of us. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step,” and even a stumble is a step.

*******************************************
Afternoon
 
The world is on fire with a searing heat of banality that saps my energies. It makes me write my goals with a golden pen only to find that many of them are like the pen with which I write, only dross.
 
I am sometimes courageous and ready to change the world and myself to something better. But
most of the time I am just afraid and mark time, being sure to keep in step.
 
I want to do more than just live. I want to be alive. I want to sometimes stand on that mountaintop. I want a song in my heart that makes my own personal Hit Parade.
 
I want contentment that is more than satisfied nerve endings. I want to feel the stretch of eternity in my bones.
 
This may indeed be more than I will ever find, but “a man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or what’s a heaven for?”
 
Afternoon
 
What do you do when a client is clever and puts into words what you’ve felt many times but never verbalized?
 
God is a busybody. He makes commandments and now expects daily reports in my prayers. I have better things to do than line up at some heavenly message center for my turn with the Almighty. “He continued to bait me. A client with a big mouth and no self control.
 
“What I said was sacrilegious, but you’re afraid to say so because I might take my business elsewhere.”
 
He was right. So I could only say, “I don’t want to lose your business and I don’t like to mix business and religion. How did we get into this discussion anyway?”
 
“I saw the Bible on your desk. It may impress some clients, but not me. Do you read it?”
 
“No!”

“Good! Let’s get down to business.”
 
He’s been gone for a coup le hours now and I still can’t get the conversation out of my mind. At least he didn’t deny God.
 
He just found Him an unacceptable inconvenience and he was willing to say so.
 
And why did I say I never read the Bible? I didn’t know I was such a wimp!

**********************************
TO BE CONTINUED
 
**********************************
 New Series on PAIN AND PROBLEMS
 
began on this blog “Wyrick’s Writings”

and will continue until finished.

Then a new Series on PRAYER will begin..

Each Tuesday there is a continuation of the Serialization of his Internationally distributed novel RUST ON MY SOUL.
 
To view an abundance of unusual stories by Neil Wyrick go to his other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS
 
Click on the following URL
 
http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

******************************************

No comments: