Sunday, November 10, 2013

PAIN AND PROBLEMS (9TH IN SERIES)

***********************************
TO SEND THIS DAYS BLOG TO A FRIEND
 
JUST CLICK AT THE BOTTOM
OF THIS BLOG ON “TELL A FRIeND”
 
For Neil's "One a Day Your Spiritual Vitamins"
 
Click on the following URL

***********************************
There is an ancient Greek legend that speaks to life.

It is about the River Styx and the ferryman who carried passengers to the land of the departed souls.

One day as the legend tells it, a woman about to be ferried across the river is told by Charon, that it is her privilege, by custom to drink of the waters of the river and forget everything that happened in the life before.

And she asks, “I I drink of these waters, will I forget all my suffering?”

“Yes” replies Charon, “and you will forget all your joys.”

“And if I drink, will I forget all my failures,” And again she hears the answer, “Yes, and you will forget all your triumphs, “

“And will I forget all how much I have been hated?”

“Yes,” is the reply, “and you will forget how much you have been loved.”

“Then”, she says with a voice firm and a mind made up “I will not drink.”

When I was younger, I loved to ride the waves. Not surf on a board, but body surf and sometimes the surf would slam me to the beach. And when an afternoon had come to an end I was sometimes bruised and beaten up, but I was also exhilarated.

I think this is life. We ride the waves and often it is exhilarating and sometimes it is painful, but it is life and we must learn to make the most of it, and be grateful for the best of it and pray to be able to live with the worst of it.

A young mother who had lost her child summed up what prayer we must pray when tragedy has struck. “Dear God, teach us to laugh again, but never let us forget that we have cried.”

The best thing we can do when things go wrong and pain and problems overwhelm is to bring up the joyous moments of our life…the moments when sunshine muted shadows…the times when we remind ourselves of that one great eternal proof…we are not alone.

*******************************
A New Series on
PAIN AND PROBLEMS

began on this blog “Wyrick’s Writings”

and will continue until finished.
Then a new Series on PRAYER will begin..

There is a continuation of the Serialization of his Internationally distributed novel RUST ON MY SOUL.

To view an abundance of unusual stories by Neil Wyrick go to his other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS
Click on the following URL

http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

****************************

No comments: