Sunday, November 3, 2013

PAIN AND PROBLEMS (8TH IN SERIES)

*********************************** TO SEND THIS DAYS BLOG TO A FRIEND
 
JUST CLICK AT THE BOTTOM
OF THIS BLOG ON “TELL A FRIeND”
For Neil's "One a Day Your Spiritual Vitamins"
Click on the following URL

***********************************
There is a portion of the book of Isaiah that is referred to by theologians as “The Little Book of Comfort.” It begins with chapter 40 and continues through chapter 55.

The message here is what we believe and find and have found spoken with unequivocal boldness from the cross.

Read all of these chapters and in so doing you will find the following message.

I love you. Because you are precious in my eyes, I love you. I will be with you.

Don’t be afraid for I will strengthen you and I will hold you up with my right hand.

I have redeemed you. I know you by name. I know everyone of your names. Can a mother forget a suckling child? Yes, but I the Lord God will not forget you. Is my arm too short that I, sitting up in heaven, cannot reach down and lift your life up?

Of course not, says the Lord God. I am like a shepherd who gathers my lambs in my arms, and I will gently lead the mothers of young sheep.

Shades of the 23rd Psalm, “The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want…He restoreth my soul… Yea, through I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.…thou art with me….Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.”

And the following poem is not just food for thought…it is a feast if you sit down and sup long enough.

“I shall know why – when Time is over –
And I have ceased to wonder why-
Christ will explain each separate anguish
In the fair school room of the sky. (Emily Dickson)

That is what I am saying too; that life is a schoolroom, and for all our earthly learning we never really get our advanced degree until we enter the heavenly schoolroom where a new wideness of vision gives us the opportunity to understand what we have never completely understood before.

This God who loves all of us as if there were only one of us is such a precious gift.

This God who speaks to you and me through a thousand sunrises and a million stars.

A God whose love we best understand and are influenced by when we have began to love an increasing number of others.

God will polish up our attitudes so that they are a shining light…when we listen as well as talk to this heavenlyh Father


************************************

A New Series on PAIN AND PROBLEMS

began on this blog “Wyrick’s Writings”…

and will continue until finished.

Then a new Series on PRAYER will begin..

To view an abundance of unusual stories by Neil Wyrick go to his other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS

Click on the following URL

http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

 
***********************************

No comments: