Tuesday, January 4, 2011

RUST ON MY SOUL (39th IN SERIES)

*********************************

If you would like to share this blog with a friend, go to the bottom and click on the TELL A FRIEND

************************************

The Serialization of RUST ON MY SOUL is added to each TUESDAY Go back to April 13th and start the Series.
************************************


RUST ON MY SOUL (A Novel) (Published by Bridge Press in 1985 & Distributed Internationally) (A new Series that began on Tues April 13th and will continue every Tuesday thereafter until finished) (Thursday & Sunday will continue to cover a variety of subjects as in the past)

INTRODUCTION (Repeated for those new to the series)

In an old loose leaf notebook, Thomas Kettering wrote when there was a cry from his heart. He wrote when his inner longing spilled over into the reality of his days. He did not write every day, only when he felt he must. How often he wrote or when is not important. The journey is what counts, for it is a diary about all of us, to all of us. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step,” and even a stumble is a step.

Night

I picked up a nickel this morning when I went out for the newspaper. It reminded me of all the times I chided the kids about not stopping to pick up a penny.

I spent the morning at the table drawing black circles in the classified section and after calling the companies drawing black x’s through the circles.
By lunchtime I was exhausted. Interviews are a begging when you speak from a point of weakness. That’s what unemployment definitely is. A point of weakness.


I keep telling myself that something will turn up. I really do believe it, but the unemployed are ships adrift.

Evening

“Don’t go to the store in that old grey sweater. It makes you look like you buy your clothes at the Salvation Army.”


“I wish you’d shave off that silly moustache.”

Nancy dribbles her complaints in a never-ending staccato.

“Meet my frau, the bossy cow.” I don’t know which of us would be more shocked if one day I introduced her that way. I won’t, but such a temptation –

I remember when we were both younger and nicer. I remember how she always propped me up when my confidence sagged. I remember when all that we could afford was hamburgers, but she served them by candlelight. I remember when there was romance in our kisses. But now I’ve about reached the end of my rope. Is it too late to tie a knot called God? My grip is loosening and below is much to near.

To be continued next Tuesday

****************************************

BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM A NEW SERIES…quoted from Sunday Jan 2 2011
A HEAVENLY CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM(1st in series) (on this Wyrck’s Writing blog)

It began Sunday Dec 26, 2010

“I have always been intrigued by a question God put to Adam, “Where are you?” Why did He ask that? What is the meaning behind this? It wasn’t a geographical question, for certainly God knew the answer to that one.

It was a spiritual question to which God also had the answer. Then why ask it? For Adam’s sake, and all the Adams and Eves yet to come. For you and me in these 21st century days.

“Where are we? And where do we want to go? What do we want to be? And how much, or how little?” And we must never stop trying to answer God’s question as we try to get off a treadmill and aim toward a proper direction.

It’s called purpose, and…”

*****************************************


BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM A NEW SERIES entitled ANGER IS A KILLER. It begins Thursday January 6, 2010.

“Do you enjoy visiting friends? More than likely you’re thinking, Preacher, of course, I do.
Now let me ask the other side of the coin - Do you enjoy visiting enemies? No?


Well, I know you must enjoy visiting at least one enemy because, like myself, you probably visit this one quite often. Unfortunately, we all …visit this enemy…whose name is anger.

Some visit anger seldom . Some on a regular basis. And during those visits, some spew and others stew.”

**************************************


The book RUST ON MY SOUL being Serialized each Tuesday is available on amazon.com for purchase.

******************************************

To view an abundance of unusual stories and comments by Neil Wyrick go to Neil’s other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS

Click on the following URL
http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

********************************************

On Thursday and Sunday new Series begin and will continue to do so.


*******************************************

No comments: