Thursday, September 29, 2016

PAIN AND PROBLEMS (3rd in Series)

***********************************************
TO SEND THIS DAYS BLOG TO A FRIEND JUST
CLICK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS BLOG ON “TELL A FRIEND” 
For Neil's "One a Day Your Spiritual Vitamins"
click on the following URL

***********************************************
God is love and…
Some people in pain just don’t …just won’t believe it.

They believe in God - but they just don’t believe He is good.
They’ve seen the good die and the bad prosper.

They’ve seen the strong devour the weak.

They’ve seen too much suffering and pain and they cry out into the night, “If God is love, then why must there be so much that is unlovely?”

Well, needless to say, I’m not going to solve the paradox of problem and pain all in one Sabbath notation. But I am going to talk to the paradox and categorically state that I personally believe in a loving God.

I believe He knows what He is doing and He does nothing without reason. After all, he sees a total picture and we only a pixel or two.


I believe that what confuses me, as a child of God, is understood with infinite wisdom by my eternal heavenly Father.

I believe these things not with a blind faith that will not ask questions, but with a strong faith that admits I will never have all the answers.

Let me tell you a story.

Once a man built a weather vane. He then set it up on top of his barn in full sight of any and all who traveled the well-worn road that weaved through his farm lands.

Then underneath the weather vane, he placed a plaque that read, GOD IS LOVE.

His neighbors, and even a few strangers, stopped by to comment, “Why did you put ‘God is love’ beneath your weather vane.”

“Ah, now” the farmer would always reply, “I just wanted to emphasize that God is love no matter which way the wind blows.”

How does that scripture go? “Dear friends, let us love one another, for love comes from God. Everyone who loves has been born of God and knows God. Whoever does not love does not know God, because God is love.” (1 John 4:7-8)


John Greenleaf Whittier, the famous American poet, put it this way:

I see the wrong that round me lies,
I feel the guilt within;
I hear with groan and travail-cries,
The world confess its sin.

Yet in the maddening maze of things,
And tossed by storm and flood,
To one fixed trust my spirit slings;
I know that God is good!

I know not where His islands lift
Their fronded palms in air.
I only know I cannot drift
Beyond His love and care.

***********************************************
To view an abundance of unusual stories by Neil Wyrick go to his other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS

Click on the following URL

 http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/
*********************************************

No comments: