Sunday, March 23, 2014

RUST ON MY SOUL (51st in series)

***********************
TO SEND THIS DAYS BLOG TO A FRIEND

JUST CLICK AT THE BOTTOM

OF THIS BLOG ON “TELL A FRIeND”

For Neil's "One a Day Your Spiritual Vitamins"
Click on the following URL


************************
RUST ON MY SOUL (A Novel) (Published by Bridge Press in 1985 & Distributed Internationally)
 
INTRODUCTION (Repeated for those new to the series)


In an old loose leaf notebook, Thomas Kettering wrote when there was a cry from his heart. He wrote when his inner longing spilled over into the reality of his days. He did not write every day, only when he felt he must. How often he wrote or when is not important. The journey is what counts, for it is a diary about all of us, to all of us. “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step,” and even a stumble is a step.
Morning
Nothing has changed. Everything has changed. A heavenly hurrah has finally beaten through to me, Thomas Kettering, created not just a muddied worm to wiggle, or chuckleheaded cow to munch, or paunchy pig to snort, but rather as a man to image the King of kings.
Afternoon
Nancy and I had an argument this morning. We almost got up a good head of steam and went at it with one barrel. We never could get both barrels going. We wind down and shut up the show earlier these days.
Morning
A prayer today, Lord. Please don't forget that, for all my kneeling and needing, I'm programmed by my past. The old me, the me that was, still is. It does not easily die. But the new born is thinking birth and that’s a good sign.
Evening
I've always been one to flex my muscles and push against problems. I'm slowly seeing that as a Christian, prayer and push are not enough if I do not let go and let God.
Forgive me, Lord, when I try to debate my way to a better life. I don't always remember that once I have done all I can I must then sit back and let you do all you will.
Morning
Am I on just another binge? A Christian binge, and when I am sated with the church will I have no more appetite for things holy?
I remember when I devoured so much honey
that I din't even like it anymore. And I used to work every crossword puzzle I could get my hands on till now I don't even want to look at them.
Is this a spiritual ego trip?
Is there lurking somewhere in my sub-conscience a desire to receive a Golden Glove award-CHRISTIAN FIGHTER OF THE MONTH? Winner against the forces of darkness and evil. But I'm the only fighter in this ring.
To be continued

****************************************
Serialization of another book


SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING
This book, SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING, is about dealing positively with the challenges of getting older and fosters the belief that “If we would have new knowledge, we must get a world of new questions.” (Susanne K. Langer)
MANY OF THE SUGGESTIONS IN THIS BOOK ARE GOOD FOR IMPROVING ONE’S LIFE AT ANY AGE
“I am come that they (you) may have life and have it to the full. (John 10:10)
Anyone who lives long enough gets older. There are no other options. How we handle the adventure is filled with options.

Keep both eyes on life, and not on the calendar. Admit your age, but don’t admit to the fallacy that you have to act like it. Saying, “I’m 39 and holding,” is more tragic than humorous because it argues that age has no attributes.
V. Neil Wyrick
Below a quote from it…
“Be like the farmer who, when asked what he was building, replied, “if I can rent it, it’s a rustic cottage. If I can’t, it’s a cow shed.”
It’s called attitude and it can make us prematurely old or longer young. For truly, things aren’t just what they are, but rather how we choose to see them.”
To access his other book’s; BOUNDARIES UNLIMITED, RUST ON MY SOUL, POOR RICHARD’S ALMANAC, I AM SIXTY PLUS AND NOT HOLDING, THE ABC’S OF PARENTING AND GRANDPARENTING, LETTERS TO AMERICA…go to Amazon.com (books) and type in Neil Wyrick.
***********************
Below is a quote from Thursday Jan 20th Wyrick’s writings blog entitled ANGER VS. PATIENCE
“After the old man had departed, God called out to Abraham and asked where the stranger was. Abraham replied, “I sent him on his way because he did not worship you.”
God answered “I have suffered him all his eighty years although he dishonors me. Could you not endure for just one night?”
God suffers us, endures us! And forgives us and loves us and sets such a perfect example for us.”
*************************************BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM THE SERIES “A HEAVENLY CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM” …quoted from Sunday Jan 2 2011 (1st in series) (on this Wyrick’s Writing blog)
“I have always been intrigued by a question God put to Adam, “Where are you?” Why did He ask that? What is the meaning behind this? It wasn’t a geographical question, for certainly God knew the answer to that one.
*************************
To view an abundance of unusual stories and comments by Neil Wyrick go to Neil’s other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS
Click on the following URL
BELOW IS A QUOTE FROM A SERIES “Depression…the Alien Within” on this Wyrick’s Writings …
”Sometimes the best thing do, if depression descends on you, is for a little while to try to wipe clean the slate of your worried mind. To give such thoughts some muted silence. Seek an emotional whiteout. Just let the soft breeze of nothingness blow for a while. And then, read John 14:27 and hear Jesus saying, “Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”
*************
CLICK ON THE URL BELOW
http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/
IT WILL TAKE YOU TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG.

There are over 600 stories and commentaries on this blog that began Nov 24, 2009. It is added to daily.
***********************
TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) (Ben Franiklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING
http://www.speakerneil.com/


**************************

No comments: