Sunday, May 27, 2012

BELIEVE YOUR BELIEFS (Give Them Spiritual Muscles

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF these comments AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.
          There are over 900 stories and commentaries on this blog that began Nov 24, 2009. It is added to daily.

          To Visit neil's other blog One A Day Your Spiritual Vitamins click on the following  

 http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/
Hebrews 11:1

“Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.”

How can we keep our faith from being a weak and fruitless thing?  How can we not be foolish little men and women groveling in the dark shadows of overeager egos. 

       Well, first we must do more than just pray.  We must believe in our own prayers.

       Would you like for me to tell you what hell is like?  Now there is a first class challenge, but let me give it a try anyway.  Well, I think actually I can describe it quite well.  Try being an aetheist.  Try looking at life’s beginning, middle and end and coming up with a blank. 

       Try passing a cemetery, realizing that one day your own body will lie there and then think to yourself, immortality is only a dream.”  Try substituting goodies from the devil rather than blessings from the Savior.

       I like the way the blind man who had been healed by Jesus reacted to the true story, which was his life.  You might say he was caught between the rock and the hard place, being confronted by the leaders of the synagogue as to the character of this man named Jesus who had just given Him back his sight.  Finally, exasperated with their questions, he simply confronted them back, “Whether he is a sinner or not, I do not know, but one thing I do know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.”  

       Einstein put it well when he said, “Truth is what stands the test of experience.”  So, yes, I have read the Bible and soul to soul discussed Jesus with other Christians.  I have attended conferences and listened to inspirational addresses.  I have been all the right places and listened to all the right things.  But bottom line, what really counts is that I have experienced God.  I have felt the power of the Holy Spirit.  I know my Savior lives and that this communion table is a place of awe.  

       “Whereas I was blind, now I see.” 

Well, how is your spiritual eyesight?  With 20/20 sacred vision do you see God as wise and personal?  A god who knows what to do, and how and when?  Do you believe that your wisdom is proof of His greater wisdom, your personality proof that His attachment to man is equally as personal?  Do you believe that whatever you see, feel, touch and ask questions about, He both made and understands?  Are you speechless before the fact that the greatest gift you have and will ever have is a gift not made with hands but fashioned by your heavenly Father in His heavenly workshop?

       Once, there was a little boy who (was crippled by) polio and had very low self-esteem. Each time his mother would leave him at Sunday School he would ask if he could wear her locket.  “She thought I liked the locket,” he would often relate in later years.  “It wasn’t that.  I really didn’t like the locket, but I felt I wasn’t worth coming back for and I knew she would come back for the locket.” 

There are more people than I like to remember who have told me they don’t feel worthy to come to church.  I reprimand them, reminding them that they are because the Lord loves them.  Often they continue to argue that they are not – they are sinners.  (Of course, they are sinners – we all are sinners, only Jesus was perfect.  That’s why we need God’s forgiveness.)  But some never get the message.

       Yes, we live in a sick world with a lot of sick people chasing dross and calling it golden.  And yes, Christianity is the medicine to save it from its delirium.    

Yes, science can shoot a satellite into space, but it cannot shape a character.  Psychiatry can free a man from his neurosis, but only God can free a man from his sin.  A good singer can hold an audience in the palm of his or her hand, but only God can grasp their souls.

BUT DO NOT  FORGET.. God loves you and you don’t have to wear a special locket around your neck or jump through some special hoops.  All you have to do is believe and accept His love and forgiveness for being paralyzed sometimes when it come to doing His will and following His commandments.

(TO BE CONTINUED)
+++++++++++++
Click on the URL below to WATCH NEIL IN HIS WORLD FAMOUS ONE MAN DRAMATIZATIONS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, BEN FRANKLIN, CHARLES WESLEY AND MARTIN LUTHER
        DO YOU HAVE A HISTORY BUFF IN YOUR FAMILY?...Why not give THIS HIGHLY ACCLAIMED  BOOK
        To buy Neil's 9th book THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN or other of his books click on the following
http://www.magnuspress.com/
OR GO TO AMAZON.COM
 
       AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM and amazon.com Kindle
OTHER BOOKS BY REV. WYRICK
Poor Richard's Almanack for the 20th Century
Sixty Plus and Not Holding
Boundaries Unlimited
I Am
The ABC"s of Parenting and Grandparenting
Letters to America
       25% off all books, buy 4 get 1 free and free shipping
       Phone Orders:  800-463-7818

No comments: