Tuesday, May 1, 2012

ACCOUNTABILITY (Continuation)

If you want to share this blog with a friend go to the bottom of these comments and click on TELL A FRIEND
        GO TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS and read the following brain teasers.  CLICK ON URL BELOW There are over 900 stories and commentaries on this blog that began Nov 24, 2009. It is added to daily.
http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      Rom 14:11-12

11 It is written: “As surely as I live,” says the Lord,
”every knee will bow before me; every tongue will acknowledge God.”[b]

 12 So then, each of us will give an account of ourselves to God.

 I owe it to my Christian faith, and my Lord who is the center of this faith, to remember that no man is an island unto himself; so that your joy is my joy and your sorrow is my sorrow and I am held accountable if I fail to remember that.

       Therefore...any church must be must be a community of accountability. It behooves to learn from each other’s example and each of us to remember we are accountable to give the best example of what a Christian should be and act…the best we can.  And if we don’t we must be held accountable.

       It isn’t easy.  To buy into the community of accountability we have to realize that like bikers we are divided into two categories.  Those who have fallen and those who will fall for None of us are perfect.

       W have to care about people and care about making this a better world and the way to do it is to accept the fact that we must hold ourselves accountability when things start going from bad to worse.

       Think on this, some philosopher of old wrote it and it endures because there is so much truth in it… every right implies a responsibility; every opportunity, an obligation; every possession, a duty.

       And then we, always looking for an excuse are like the little girl in the following story.  It was the father’s birthday and as they drove the kids were acting up.  “Kids. it’s my birthday and if you would behave I would consider it a wonderful birthday present.

“Sorry dad, came back the reply from one six year old, “I already got you another present.

       Kind of like us when in a sense we say ”God, I’ve already acted with responsibility once today.  Twice in one day may be asking too much.

       It’s not that we don’t know that a great part of being a practicing Christian is to accept our accountability for how we act, what we do, what we say.  It is just that we don’t like to be reminded of it.

No comments: