Sunday, December 20, 2009

DO YOU TOLERATE TOLERANCE?

DO YOU TOLERATE TOLERANCE?
These thoughts are added to each Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)
(Scroll down to read previous thoughts)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters)

I quote, not a theologian but a mystery writer, Dorothy Sayers. She was often a philosopher as well as a teller of tales. She once wrote that Tolerance in the name of nothingness is more than a sin…it is spiritual suicide. And that in the world it is called Tolerance but in hell it is called Despair.

For the sin that believes in nothing, cares for nothing, seeks to know nothing, interferes with nothing, enjoys nothing, finds purpose in nothing, lives for nothing and remains alive is a sin that is something, a terrible unfeeling give in and give up kind of sin. (rewrite and edit of her thoughts on tolerance)

I have sinned and will continue to sin because I am not perfect but I will never tolerate my sin. To tolerate myself when I am not aiming at the best self I can be is not a gift to God but a sacrilege.

SOME RECENT TITLES ON MYONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS Site. To visit go to Google Search and type in "Neil One A Day"

ALLOW YOUR TOMORROWS TO BE CAPTURED BY A VERY SPECIAL FOREVER (Dec 19)
BE THE 4TH WISEMAN (Dec 18)
HAVE YOU GONE BLIND OR IS IT THAT YOU JUST HAVEN’T OPENED YOUR EYES (DEC 11)
THE IMPORTANCE OF UNDERSTANDING IMPORTANCE (Dec 10)
DON’T LOSE YOUR PRAYER WHILE PRAYING (DEC 9)

Have a friend visit my ONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS site.
Type in the URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

And, yes, if this site has met any of your needs share it with a friend. Just have them go to “Google Search” and type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
Or type in the URL http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments: