Thursday, December 17, 2009

BE A REACHABLE?

These thoughts are added to each Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)
(Scroll down to read previous thoughts)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters)

Do you remember the musical THE MAN OF LA MANCHA? As I quote the words to one of its songs we could probably imagine us having a sing-a-long. We won’t, too far apart for true harmony, but follow these words most all of us have heard many times. No better still, remember them, and let them follow you for awhile.
To dream the impossible dream…
To fight the unbeatable foe…
To bear with unbearable sorrow…
To run where the brave dare not go…
To right the unrightable wrong…
To love, pure and chaste, from afar…
To try, when your arms are to weary
to reach the unreachable star!
This is my quest, to follow that star
no matter how hopeless, no matter how far…
To fight for the right without question or pause…
To be willing to march into hell for a heavenly cause!...
And I know, if I’ll only be true to this glorious quest
that my heart will lie peaceful and calm when I’m laid to my rest…
And the world will be better for this,
that one man, scorned and covered with scars
still strove, with his last ounce of courage…
To reach the unreachable stars.
Ah, but the Star of Bethlehem is reachable. Not by the literal touching of it, but by the experiencing of its message, “And the angel said unto them, Fear not; for, behold I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people. (For) today in this city of David, a Savior has been born to you, He is Christ the Lord.”
(Luke 2:10-11)
The shepherds were afraid, but in the midst of their fear was the beginning of joy. What they had just heard had the profundity of eternity to it. When angels sing out about “good tidings of great joy” unless you have a few loose items in your brain, you pay attention.
I have nothing against having Santa around for Christmas. Fact is, we have a Santa that greets me with a great big Santa smile every time I walk out into our family room. It’s just that priority list thing again…for you see, while my Christmas stocking was filled in the name of Santa when I was a little boy my parents were also being very sure my soul was being filled with the knowledge and presence of Christ. Daddy was an Elder. Mother was a Sunday School teacher and I was never allowed to forget that though Santa was making a list and checking it twice, Santa came only once a year while Jesus was with me always. And what was it He said, “I will never forget you nor forsake you.”
It is nice to be on Christmas lists but only if I remember with a shout of thanksgiving that my name is written on the Lamb’s book of Life. When it comes to gifts, the gift of eternal life beats them all.
SOME RECENT POSTINGS ON ONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS
SOME RECENT TITLES
HAVE YOU GONE BLIND OR IS IT THAT YOU JUST HAVEN’T OPENED YOUR EYES (DEC 11)
THE IMPORTANCE OF UNDERSTANDING IMPORTANCE (Dec 10)
DON’T LOSE YOUR PRAYER WHILE PRAYING (DEC 9)

Have a friend visit my ONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS site. Have them go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”
Or type in the URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

And, yes, if this site has met any of your needs share it with a friend. Just have them go to “Google Search” and type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
Or type in the URL http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments: