Tuesday, November 10, 2009

GENESIS...EXODUS

These thoughts are added to each Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)
(Scroll down to read previous thoughts)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters)

The 23rd day of September in the year 1928 was my own personal Genesis, “In the beginning…” I did not know then, nor do I know now, the day of my Exodus.

I remember nothing of that time in the middle of the night that started it all, that first day of the spring of my earthly existence, but I have to have been filled with awe and wonder. How could it be otherwise? All around me were other lives I would be joining; my mother, my father, strangers and above and around me, he who put it all in motion, God.

Early on I was introduced to our Savior, and heavenly forgiveness and the challenge of trying to live a better life to give family and friends more golden memories than heartaches.

One thing is certain. It is a two-sided coin we deal with between our Genesis and Exodus. Whether we shall be governed by our negative doubts, or our positive faith.

Whether we shall curse God for all we do not know or understand, or praise Him for what we do know and understand. Whether we go for spiritual excellence and give it our all, or settle for spiritual bankruptcy.

How near is your God? As close as you want Him to be.

Did you ever notice than an entire book in the Bible is called THE ACTS OF THE APOSTLES. Not the dreams of the Apostles. Not the sluggish aspirations of the Apostles. But the actions of the Apostles.

How near is your God? As close as you want Him to be. As close as your actions call Him out to be.

Posted on ONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS SITE today November 10th SOIL AND SEED AND WHO NEEDS WEEDS?

Have a friend visit my ONE A DAY YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS site. Have them go to Google and where it says “Google Search” type in “Neil Spiritual Vitamins”
Or type in the URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

And, yes, if this site has met any of your needs share it with a friend. Just have them go to “Google Search” and type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
Or type in the URL http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE.

No comments: