Monday, February 23, 2009

WHY PRAY? WHY BOTHER

(These thoughts are added to twice each week)

Read Isaiah 55:6
“Seek ye the Lord while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:” Isaiah 55:6
********************
I pray because I am like the company I keep and because I daily need a conversation with my God.

I pray because it takes me to a place where things are better and sometimes I just want to sit quietly and bask in my heavenly Father’s magnificent presence.

I pray for the same reason you pray; because when we pray our souls open wide and when we don’t they shrivel shut.

I pray in multiples and not just an occasional. I know that God wants my prayer when I am enthusiastic with the idea and when I am not.

I know he wants my prayer to be something more than what I do but also a cove I build for my immortal soul.

How often should I pray? Well, if I cannot remember the exact date and almost the exact time
I last prayed I must not be praying enough.

No comments: