Sunday, January 15, 2017

A HEAVENLY CONSTRUCTION PROGRAM (4TH IN SERIES)

***********************************
TO SEND THIS DAYS BLOG TO A FRIEND
JUST CLICK AT THE BOTTOM
 
OF THIS BLOG ON “TELL A FRIeND”
For Neil's "One a Day Your Spiritual Vitamins"
Click on the following URL
http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins

***********************************

It’s there, this inborn, intuitive heavenly-prodded-need to be aware of and commune with God. To reach beyond what we can touch with our fingers to that which we can only feel with our souls.

“I will meditate on Your precepts, and contemplate Your ways,” says the Psalmist. (Psalm 119:15) “Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.” Psalm 119:105)

Let’s put it this way, “Opportunity dances with those already on the dance floor.” (H Jackson Brown Jr.)

Remember in the old days when someone would sign the dance card of a young lady which proved they officially wanted to dance with her and that she had given him a specific dance.

And sometimes someone would like to fill up the dance card with just their name and no one else’s.

Well, in a sense this is a prescription for better knowing God and receiving from Him His blessings.

Have our eternal dance card, signed up, meditated through, prayed upon and committed to only God and none of the other devilish partners life sometimes offers on the dance card at all.

 
Remember in the book of Luke how it was when Jesus, on a trip to Bethany, stopped to refresh himself at the home of his friends, Martha and Mary.

It could have been such an exceptional time together, except that Martha was much distracted with too much busy-ness. Instead of sitting at the Master’s feet to learn and experience this special fellowship, Martha’s vote went to what I like to call “Operation overkill.”

For Martha sitting still went over like a lead balloon, so she stopped working just long enough to put in her complaint. “Tell my lazy sister to help me serve. Tell her to get up and get going.”

 
And Jesus, not so much exasperated with her as saddened, replied, “Martha, Martha, you are worried about many things, but one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen the good part…”
 
That’s what it is all about. Choosing the good parts of life.
 
The good opportunities. Poor Martha, she meant well but was so distracted by self-pity, so troubled about being put upon, so compulsive in her need to prove she was a super hostess that she allowed anger and compulsive doing-ness to destroy what could have otherwise have been a wonderful moment. Jesus had said “Sit.”
 
And she essentially had replied, “I don’t want to sit. If I am not up and doing, I am nothing.” So she didn’t sit. And she did miss the point as well as the opportunity, and that the shame of it all.
 
For us, it is deciding to be like Mary who chose well, as against Martha who was too busy being busy to know she had not chosen wisely at all.
 *************************************

Below are quotes from ANGER IS A KILLER (1st in Series)
 
 
Do you enjoy visiting friends? More than likely you’re thinking, of course, I do.
 
Now let me ask the other side of the coin - Do you enjoy visiting enemies? No?
 
Well, I know you must enjoy visiting at least one enemy because, like myself, you probably visit this one quite often. Unfortunately, we all …visit this enemy…whose name is anger.
 
Some visit anger seldom . Some on a regular basis. And during those visits, some spew and others stew… 
*********************************

To view an abundance of unusual stories and comments by Neil Wyrick go to Neil’s other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS
 
Click on the following URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/
 
 
A quote from One A Day blog posted recently.
“I am hate. I am committed to destruction.
 
I live in a dark and melancholy valley, surrounded by mountains of resentment.
 
There is great silence on my streets
for here people brood from morn till night.
 
There are no songs or laughter
For all around me give out only rebuke and rage.

Our population does not often change,
but some escape.


****************************************

TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) click on the following (Ben Franiklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)

http://www.speakerneil.com/

*****************************************

NEIL’S 9TH BOOK “THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN” IS AVAILABLE ON Amazon.com’s KINDLE READER


*****************************************

BELOW are QUOTES FROM THE Rust on my Soul Serialization
 
 
“I want to do more than just live. I want to be alive. I want to sometimes stand on that mountaintop. I want a song in my heart that makes my own personal Hit Parade.
 
I want contentment that is more than satisfied nerve endings. I want to feel the stretch of eternity in my bones.
 
This may indeed be more than I will ever find, but “a man’s reach should exceed his grasp, or what’s a heaven for?”

*******************************

To view an abundance of unusual stories and comments by Neil Wyrick go to Neil’s other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS 
 
Click on the following URL http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

********************************

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE

*******************************

No comments: