Tuesday, March 1, 2016

HERE COMES MARGARET

This is a continuation of a series of Lenten thoughts appropriate to the remembering our Christ with all the awe He truly deserves.. Please consider sharing these Lenten thoughts with a host of your friends.

THESE THOUGHT ARE ADDED TO EACH SUNDAY, TUESDAY AND THURSDAY

(Scroll down to read previous thoughts)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters)

I share with you now the words of a husband relating what happened to him when he walked out into their garden in the early morning after his much loved wife had died. It seemed as if time were suspended for just a little while, and a touch of eternal heavens peeked through.

“Margaret had so loved the out-of-doors, along with music and birds,” he said. “How can I try to describe to you my experience of that dawn? All I can say is that she was there.

And I, at a little distance, was there observing it all.

I had been a naval officer during the war and I found myself thinking of an Admiral being piped aboard a ship. It was as if the boundaries between earth and heaven were obliterated and Margaret was being piped aboard. She was entering her heavenly home in a blaze of glory with the birds singing that morning as I have never heard them sing before, or since. It was as if ten thousand angels were crying, “Joy! Joy! Here comes Margaret. Everybody out. Everybody out. Here comes Margaret!

“Strangely, my dominant emotion was not grief, but a thankfulness that I had had her for 19 years and a fierce uncontrollable pride in having been her husband. Only one word can describe my mood at the time – exultation.” (from the book by Catherine Marshall, “To Live Again”)

And then there are the two ministerial friends of mine, who stepped briefly into the valley of the shadow of death and told me how it was looking down on their earthly bodies and feeling strangely detached from them. And how good they felt. How contented. How fulfilled. This is not something I just read about in a book. These two men looked me in the eye and simply said, “Neil, this is how it was.”

And, yes, if this site or the One A Day site has met any of your needs share it with a friend. Just have them go to “Google Search” and type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
 
Or CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING the URL

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU
CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE

CLICK ON THE TO RIGHT SIDE TOP OF THIS SCREEN WHERE IT READS “CLICK HERE TO WATCH NEIL AS WESLEY, LUTHER, FRANKLIN & LINCOLN”…His presentations have been called equal to Hal Holbrook and were presented all over the world.

No comments: