Sunday, January 17, 2016

HOW TO LESSEN ANXIETY (Continuation)

Starting on my other blog ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS...a 3 day series on HOW TO LESSEN ANXIETY.

Click on link below to go to One A Day blog

 
A different sermon is begun on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday. 

       IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF these comments AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

       The sermons found on this blog are selected sermons preached by Rev. Wyrick during a ministry of over 50 years.  This syndicated columnist/minister thanks you for visiting.

       To Visit neil's other blog One A Day Your Spiritual Vitamins click on the following  


++++++++

Phillipians 4:6-7

6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

              I have a new computer with a new program Windows 7.  For  a brief time I was prepared to call it Wall 8 because it was blocking out the sermon I had just finished.  For a little while I was like Donald that I referred to up above.  I didn't just make a mountain out of a molehill.  I started planting trees.

       I forgot for a moment a rather basic truth...keep things in proportion.

I prayed about it and Christ and common sense came charging in to slow my anxiety down...but for a bit I fed foolishness and earned what it gave me in return.

       I've heard anxiety called " unconscious blasphemy."  That's strong meat but think about it, if we can't pray and mean "Lord, thy will be done" and mean it because we trust the creator of our life both here and in the hereafter then we that lack of trust really is a bit of blasphemy.

       It's an old joke," You know, "I went to the doctor and I said, 'Doc, when I do this, it hurts.' And the doctor said, 'Don't do that'."

       How many things have you been anxious about that were things that you knew before you got into them were probably going to create for you some problems.

       Some sins...some stupid decisions you knew were stupid decisions...past, present and future.  Learn from the past...don't fill up the future with more such stupid decisions and actions.

 +++++++++++++++
 
       ANOTHER WAY TO SHARE THESE ONE A DAYS WITH FREIENDS...CLICK ON "MORE" AT TOP LEFT OF THIS BLOG PAGE AND  FROM THERE IT SHOULD BE EASY

+++++++++++++

CLICK ON  www.go60.us   IT WILL TAKE YOU A NEW WEBSITE FOR SENIORS....click on "Voice" on the home page and then on the list of authors click on Neil Wyrick 

       Recent articles Rev. Wyrick has written for this web site are:  REFLECTIONS


       Here Comes Summer (July 2012)

       Spring (May 2012)

       Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow (April 2012)

       Wayward and Windy (April 2012)

       Click on the URL below to WATCH NEIL IN HIS WORLD FAMOUS ONE MAN DRAMATIZATIONS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, BEN FRANKLIN, CHARLES WESLEY AND MARTIN LUTHER


       DO YOU HAVE A HISTORY BUFF IN YOUR FAMILY?...Why not give THIS HIGHLY ACCLAIMED  BOOK

       To buy Neil's 9th book THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN or other of his books click on the following

http://www.magnuspress.com/

OR GO TO AMAZON.COM

       AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM and amazon.com Kindle

OTHER BOOKS BY REV. WYRICK

Poor Richard's Almanack for the 20th Century

Sixty Plus and Not Holding

Boundaries Unlimited

I Am

The ABC"s of Parenting and Grandparenting

Letters to America


   

   

No comments: