Tuesday, March 26, 2013

IT IS NEVER TOO LATE

This is a continuation of a series of Lenten thoughts appropriate to the remembering our Christ with all the awe He truly deserves.. Please consider sharing these Lenten thoughts with a host of your friends.

These thoughts are added to each Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday)
(Scroll down to read previous thoughts)
(Use in your personal or church newsletters)

CHECK OUT JANUARY 15TH I STARTED A SIX DAY SERIES ON ANGER ON MY OTHER BLOG. SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS.

To view my other blog “One A Day, Your Spiritual Vitamins”
CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING URL
http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/

Thoreau used to say that he always returned a borrowed axe sharper than when he received it.

When your last pulse beat has ended, when your last breath has been taken, when your soul goes up as your body lays down, will you have taken the life given you and made it sharper than when you received it?

One man wrote of his destiny this way. “I have reached my three score years and ten and suddenly I realize how much I have wasted my life.

All the little minutes, the little hours, that have grown into a lifetime I have cluttered with little deeds of selfishness until I have created a giant called greed that now rules me.

I trampled the hearts of my mother and father and wife by a thousand different little acts of meanness. I have, for a lifetime, been building a house called ME; stone by stone by stone and it is too late to reshape the stones. Too late to rebuild the house.”

But he was wrong.

It is never too late.

It is never too late to add a little act of kindness, a small word of encouragement, a tiny unselfish deed that will never make the evening news, but can begin to remake a life.

The challenge of making our destiny of little things better or worse is with us as long as we shall live. With our destiny of little things it is really possible to do a lot with very little. It is also possible to do nothing with a lot.

And, yes, if this site or the One A Day site has met any of your needs share it with a friend. Just have them go to “Google Search” and type in “Wyrick’s Writings”
Or CLICK ON THE URL
http://wyrickswritings.blogspot.com/

And, yes, maybe they will back track a few weeks to read other of my musings.

DO YOU HAVE A BLOG OR FACEBOOK? IF YOU ENJOY THESE WRITINGS COULD YOU
CALL ATTENTION TO THIS BLOG? IF YOU DO, THANKS IN ADVANCE

CLICK ON THE TO RIGHT SIDE OF THIS SCREEN WHERE IT READS “CLICK HERE TO WATCH NEIL AS WESLEY, LUTHER, FRANKLIN & LINCOLN”…His presentations have been called equal to Hal Holbrook and were presented all over the world.

No comments: