Sunday, April 15, 2012

WHAT WERE THE BEST DAYS IN YOUR LIFE AND WHY?

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEND THIS BLOG TO A FRIEND GO TO THE BOTTOM OF these comments AND CLICK ON THE ENVELOPE.

          There are over 900 stories and commentaries on this blog that began Nov 24, 2009. It is added to daily.

          To Visit neil's other blog One A Day Your Spiritual Vitamins click on the following  
 http://oneadayyourspiritualvitamins.blogspot.com/
++++++++++++++++++++++++
Ecclesiastes 3:1-4

To everything there is a season,

a time for every purpose under heaven:

A time to weep, a time to laugh,

a time to mourn, and a time to dance.

While you are considering this total dedication to God that we preachers are always talking about, consider this, “You don’t always need everything you want nor do you always want everything you need.

Let me repeat that…“You don’t always need everything you want nor do you always want everything you need.

This truth is why one of my favorite quotes reads as follows…

I asked God for strength that I might achieve.

I was made weak that I might learn humbly to obey.

I asked God for health that I might do greater things.

I was given infirmity that I might do better things.  

I asked for riches that I might be happy.

I was given poverty that I might be wise.        

I asked for power that I might have the praise of men.

I was given weakness that I might feel the need of God.

   

I asked for all things that I might enjoy life.

I was given life that I might enjoy all things.

I got nothing that I asked for - But everything I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered

I am among all men most richly blessed.

          Two stores faced each other across a very busy street.  Their owners were in constant competition with each other.  One day, the owner of one store put out a sign that read – If you want it, we have it!

Almost immediately the other owner put out a sign –If we don’t have it, you don’t need it!

What do you want? What do you really need?  And do you work and pray toward knowing the difference?

          I met a young man not long ago who dives for exotic fish for aquariums.  He said one of the most popular aquarium fish is the shark.  He went on to explain that if you catch a small shark and confine it in an aquarium, it will stay a size proportionate to the aquarium.  It will stay only six inches long yet be fully matured.  But if you turn him loose in the ocean, he will grow to a normal length of approximately eight feet. 
That also happens to some Christians.  Well-behaved, little six-inch Christians swimming around in their safe little puddles; accepting no great expanded challenge.  But then, if you put them in a larger arena of opportunity where their spiritual strength is truly challenged, they begin to grow to match the challenge.  And they can become spiritual giants. 

No comments: