Tuesday, September 13, 2011

CAN GOD SMILE? CAN GOD CRY?


If you want to share this blog with a friend go to the bottom of day’s content and click on TELL A FRIEND

GO TO NEIL’S OTHER BLOG ONE A DAY, YOUR SPIRITUAL VITAMINS and read the following brain teasers.  CLICK ON URL BELOW There are over 700 stories and commentaries on this blog that began Nov 24, 2009. It is added to daily.


Start tu sept 13 2011
CAN GOD SMILE?  CAN GOD CRY? Used in blog 2011 sept

Isaiah 48:17-19
This is what the Lord says – your Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel:                                
I am the Lord your God,
who teaches you what is best for you,
who directs you in the way you should go.
If only you had paid attention to my commandments,
         your peace would have been like a river,
         and your righteousness like the waves of the sea.
Your descendants would have been like the sand,
Your children like its numberless grains;
Their name would never be cut off nor destroyed from before me.

And what exactly was this Prophet of so long ago saying?
Well, he certainly isn’t mincing words.  God is admonishing us, “I told you what to do.  I gave directions so you would not get lost.  All you had to do was pay attention.”

In other words, our peace and well-being would be great like a river because the created and the Creator would be in harmony flowing together.

It was 1913, and Bill Stiles, one of the last members of the Jesse James gang, was planning another train robbery.
On the day before the robbery as he was walking down the street he saw a policeman walking toward him.

He ducked into the first doorway available.  It was the door to the Union Rescue Mission.  He walked clear to the front and sat down.

In a few minutes the service began.  As he was wont to tell the story many times in the years that followed, and it was a story that brought him to tears each time he told it,

“I wasn’t paying much attention to the sermon for my mind was on the robbery I was planning the next day.  I felt a little uneasy for I had left my  suitcase in my room and in it was some of the soup (a mixture of nitroglycerine and some other high explosives) and my guns. I thought to myself, this service has got to end.  I’ve got to get out of here.

          As soon as it was over and I started to get up to leave, a woman came over and sat down next to me. 

She began to talk about God.

          I stopped her and said ‘I’m an atheist.

Then I started to get up and leave…but I couldn’t…my legs wouldn’t work.

          They were fastened to that seat and floor by a power not of this earth.
A man came up and began to speak with me about the Lord…and since I couldn’t move my legs…I listened…

          And we talked about my giving myself to the Lord…and the more I resisted…the stronger seemed the force that held me down.

          Finally, and I cannot explain it…not really…I said, “Alright!” And right there I gave myself to the Lord.

          And as you may have guessed, this is what happened.  When I rose up I was as light on my feet as if I had wings.  And my heart was beating so fast I thought it would come out of my chest. 

          And …I never did rob that train the next day.

And I personally think God smiled twice when that happened.  

                              First, when someone was not ashamed to talk about Him. 

And second, when the someone who was being talked to responded positively and gave his life to Him.

And when Bill Stiles said “yes”…said it with his head and heart…gave up a way of life for the ways of God…he found what all the stolen gold had never brought - Peace! 

  
Click on the URL below to WATCH NEIL IN HIS WORLD FAMOUS
ONE MAN DR
AMATIZATIONS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, BEN FRANKLIN, CHARLES WESLEY AND MARTIN LUTHER
TO WATCH NEIL WYRICK IN HIS ONE MAN DRAMAS (Presented to millions all around the world) (Ben Franiklin, Martin Luther, Charles Wesley and Abraham Lincoln (this Lincoln film takes 11 seconds to download but is worth the wait)

CLICK ON THE FOLLOWING

V. Neil Wyrick’s ninth book THE SPIRITUAL ABRAHAM LINCOLN and is available at
MAGNUS PRESS

AVAILABLE ON AMAZON.COM’S Kindle

25% off all books, buy 4 get 1 free and free shipping

Phone Orders:  800-463-7818

No comments: